httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Antoine de Lobel-Mahy" <adelo...@meeschaert.com>
Subject [users@httpd] using client certificates with apache 2.0
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:10:36 GMT
Hello,

My apache server is now running ok with SSL.

I have again a little problem, someone can help me?

I have a root certificate : "root-mee.crt". This file is on my client (IE 6) and on server
I have a server certificate : "srv-mee.pem" and the key  : "srv-mee.key". Those files are
on my server.

I have too a client certificate : "antoine.der". this file is on my client (IE 6).

All certificates are create with openssl 0.9.6.
srv-mee.pem and antoine.der are signed with root-mee.crt.

In the httpd.conf, I have those lines :

SSLCertificateFile = ....../srv-mee.pem
SSLCertificateKey = ....../srv-mee.key

SSLCACertificateFile = ....../root-mee.crt
.
.
.
<Virtualhost myserver:443>
	SSLEngine on
	Documentroot "....."
	DirectoryIndex Index.html
	Servername myweb.mydomain.com
	ServerAlias myweb
	SSLVerifyClient	require
	SSLVerifyDepth	1
</Directory>

When SSLVerifyClient, SSLVerifyDepth are uncomment, I cannot connect my client on server.
Where is the problem, Someone knows the way of solution?

Thanks for your help.

Antoine