httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject [users@httpd] Compiling 3rd party modules (read: php) for Apache 2.0.42
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:18:36 GMT
Hello everyone. My upgrade is long overdue, and the announcement yesterday
about 2.0.42 made me deside it was about time to finally get rid of 2.0.36.

The announcement stated:
"This release is not binary-compatible with previous releases, so all
modules need to be recompiled in order to work with this version.  For
example, a module compiled to work with 2.0.40 will not work with 2.0.42."

And true enough, the latest mod_php (4.2.3) did not want to load:
"apache: module "c:\php4build\snap\sapi\apache2filter\sapi_apache2.c" is not
compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need 20020903)."

I cannot help thinking that there isn't really any incompatibilities
involved here, but only paranoia. I don't know where "20020628" comes from;
is it the build date or a revision? Is it possible to recompile php so that
it works with 2.0.42, and how would one go about doing that? I cannot see
how to simply recomile a 3rd party module would help. Is there anything in
the php source (tree) that I could edit (so far I haven't seen anything like
it) or add to it?

My doom is with Windows XP.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,