httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yinjing Wang :\)" <yjw...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setting a Port on Apache 2.0
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:58:28 GMT

Hi

If you are tring to change the defualt port, i.e. 80, in httpd.conf, you may just open that
file, (hope you are using RedHat), then at the middle or even a little bit up part, you will
find some words like

#litsen 12.34.56.78:80
litsen 80

What you should do next , is just change that 80 to any value you want (in your case 5280)
but should be more than 1024.

Hope it is the right answer.

Good luck.

Yinjing