httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on RedHat 7.3
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:25:39 GMT
Apache.exe generates errors and is closed by Windows.Peter  wrote:
> I thought dll were for windows. There are no dll on my linux box relating
to apache or php or mysql.

Yeah, they are. That was straight out of my config, nearest at hand; you
should look for a php4apache.so file.

> I installed the rpms for mysql :

I'm extremely poor when it comes to linux and their rpms, so I won't be of
much help :(

> MySQL-MAX -3.23.52-1
> MySQL--3.23.52-1
> MySQL-Client-3.23.52-1
> MySQL-Shared--3.23.52-1

I have run MySQL 4 for over a year and a half, so I don't know :(

> For Apache the rpms are:
> apache-1.3.23-1
> apacheconf-0.2.2-2

I would go for at 1.3.26, at least, if not Apache 2. I have no idea what
apacheconf rpm is, so can't judge that ;)

> For PHP the rpms are
> php-msql-4.1.2-7

Aren't there any newer? It should be sufficient, though.

> Are there any more rpms I should install?

Not what I know of. But, as stated, I really don't have much of a clue here
either ;)

> What configurations steps are required to make sure they work together?

Do you mean configuration before compiling, or after they are installed? I
cannot help you with the former for linux, but perhaps some with the latter.
- I have no idea of MySQL, as I always had it independent of Apache/PHP.
- The only thing I usually do for PHP, is to edit the path and extension_dir
setting in it's config file
- For Apache, I don't know for certain for 1.3, but these lines should be
added somewhere:
LoadModule php4_module /path/to/the/php4apache.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

You should be able to find lots of on-line information about this that gives
much more accurate information than I do; which have mostly worked with
Apache 2, mostly on Windows platform. The best place to start should be at
www.php.net and in their documentation about installing with apache.

Regards,
Robert Andersson