httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Raible" <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.40, SSL and Linux
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:00:03 GMT
Finally got it working - here's the short story:

Used http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html as a reference.

$ lynx http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.0.42.tar.gz
$ gzip -d httpd-2.0.42.tar.gz
$ tar xvf httpd-2.0.42.tar
$ ./configure --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-ssl=shared
$ make
$ make install

Generated keys at conf/ssl.key/server.key and conf/ssl.crt/server.crt.

I think I should probably change the "configure" task to use
"--enabled-mods-shared=more" vs. "all" - any advice?

I hope to document this sometime in the next few days - I'll update this
list with a link.  I'm primarily a Windows user, so hopefully it can
alleviate some questions on this list I can give back for all the great
help you've given me.

Thanks and good night!

Matt