httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on RedHat 7.3
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 05:37:35 GMT
Apache.exe generates errors and is closed by Windows.Do you have these directives in the httpd.conf?

# modules/php4apache2.dll should instead be address to
# isapi directory in the php install directory.
LoadModule php4_module modules/php4apache2.dll

DirectoryIndex [...] index.php index.phtml

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

Which are needed in order for PHP to work correctly. Is the PHP running as a module or CGI?
The above is for module.

Regards,
Robert Andersson
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 7:31 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Apache on RedHat 7.3

  I am trying to move a web application from a win98 machine to a linux (redhat 7.3)
   It appears that despite php, apache and mysql being installed  on linux they are not correctly
integrated.

  I have made the php.ini file look the same as the one on the win 98 box.

  I do not know how do do this for the apache config file.  The default file which is on the
linux system has a number of </IfDefine HAVE_PHP> </IfDefine>  and similar sections.
 It would appear that somewhere these variables have to be defined . Can anyone advise on
on what I need to do to get the php working with Apache etc?

  Currently the web site is partially working with a lot of php code being displayed as source.

  How do I check php is working independently of Apache?

  Currently

  Regards

  Peter Goggin

    ---