httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Giblett" <rip...@arach.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Running httpd through a network
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 05:41:38 GMT
i'm running apache 2.0 on windows 2000 service pack 2

however that runs fine
our web server is on XP
so i've set that to forward the port i'm listen on through
to me.
however no one can seem to connect through

does apache just set up it's connections on the listening ports and then
choose random ports to use to actually transfer the data? or is the actuall
data transfered through on the listening port aswell?

if it chooses random ports can you limit the ones that it chooses and where
can i do this?

OR

do i have to make the server name the name of our connection to the net
(ie our web servers internet address) so that it will accept connections
from there?