httpd-users mailing list archives

From Iván Vega Rivera <i...@i-sol.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] Simple URL redirection (mod_rewrite)
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:27:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get Apache to rewrite URLs based on this simple need:

convert this: /somedir/help/chat
to this: /somedir/help/index.php?on=chat

I want to use an .htaccess file on /somedir/help, but I can't seem to
find the proper config for mod_rewrite... I've tried with this (remember
its under /somedir/help):

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /somedir/help
RewriteRule ^/(.*) index.iss?on=$1

But when I try to open /somedir/help/chat (which of course doesn't exist
physically), I get a 404.

I've already searched the web for examples on mod_rewrite, and I found
plenty, but I can't understand them! :( I also tried to read the
documentation of the module (no further comments...)

Can somebody please help me solve this apparently simple issue?

Thanks in advance.

Ivan V.