httpd-users mailing list archives

From "lalit balchandani" <la...@skillnetinc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with virtual host
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:36:15 GMT
Hi,

My name is Lalit and work for a consulting company. I am facing a problem
with apache's virtual host configuration. Let me explain the problem and
then you can tell me whether it is virtual host problem or not. I am
redirecting *.jsp requests from apache to weblogic using virtual host. I
have a particular java class in weblogic server, which gets executed on
submission of a form and this java class file generates a .csv file. This
.csv file is about 200KB and it takes time for my java program to write this
file. The problem is that after my program finishes writing one file, it is
called again and it just goes on and on... My guess is that if apache does
not receive response from weblogic within certain amount of time, it sends
the request again to weblogic and that's why that .csv file is getting
generated again and again. The reason why i reached at this conclusion is
because, i directly submitted that form on weblogic and it just went fine
i.e. i appended weblogic's port number in the url and bypassed apache.

I hope the problem is clear and i can get some help from someone...

Thanks in advance.
Lalit

users@httpd.apache.org mailing list.

PLEASE READ!  This message contains information specific to
this mailing list, and is not your standard form-letter
subscription acknowledgement.

I have added the address

   lalit@skillnetinc.com

to the users mailing list.

Welcome to users@httpd.apache.org!

Please save this message so that you know the address you are
subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe or change your
subscription address.

This mailing list is maintained by the Apache Software Foundation
as a forum in which users of the Apache HTTP server can ask each
other questions, pose problems, and discuss issues.  It is NOT,
repeat NOT, an official support medium of the Foundation.  Please
take a look at

        <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

to see details about how this list is to be used.

Posting is only permitted by subscribed addresses as an anti-spam
measure.  The list is moderated by volunteers from the Apache Software
Foundation; moderation will mostly be notable by its absence.
However, blatant abuse of the forum's purpose or the sensibilities
of the subscribers will not be tolerated.  Any actions taken
by the moderators is final, solely at their discretion, and not
subject to formal appeal.

So.. be excellent to each other, and party on!

--- Administrative commands for the users list ---

   <users-subscribe@httpd.apache.org>

   <users-info@httpd.apache.org>
   <users-faq@httpd.apache.org>

   <users-digest-subscribe@httpd.apache.org>