httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Gibson" <ke...@ad3000.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Win32 as caching proxy on filtered isp redirection problem
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 06:59:51 GMT
I have been using Apache as a Caching Proxy (on an old windows 98 box) for a
couple of months and it all works fine.

However I have been talked into setting one up at a local primary school.
They have filtered internet access so the kids aren't subjected to any
nasties.  The filtering is done at the service providers proxy.

My problem comes when I try to point my Apache box at their proxy.  I can't
find how to get the two talking.

I have found so little about this in any Apache documentation I am beginning
to think it should be done outside Apache.  If so apologies for the
intrusion on the list (but any pointers would be gratefully received
anyway).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin