httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Tritscher" <paul.tritsc...@style-web.at>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] CGI-Problems
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:34:53 GMT
> Try DirectoryIndex with the name of the script,
I did a directory index but I always get an error with forbidden!
When I remove the SetHandler in the directory i have access

> or rename the script to "index.cgi" or similar

This is not possible for this script, its a bin and always searches for
admin and not admin.cgi so it starts, but writes an error because it
can't find "admin".

> You say that your DNS points a domain to a directory?!?! Do
> you mean that there is an A-record that points to the Apache
> machine, which has a virtual host with that ServerName, which
> has the directory as DocumentRoot?
Yes I mean that...

>If so, and you want your
> admin-script to execute when you enter admin.example.com, you
> simply rename the script "index.cgi", put it in the document
> root (enable cgi etc. there) and have this directive in the
> vhost: DirectoryIndex index.cgi
Doesn't work as told above