httpd-users mailing list archives

From Iván Vega Rivera <i...@i-sol.biz>
Subject RV: [users@httpd] 500 Err - Script headers...
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:00:40 GMT
Thanks for your response.

If you look at my original post, I state the error message I get (so
your first 2 reasons don't apply):

Server error!
Premature end of script headers: php.exe
Error 500

As for an inexistent DocRoot, I checked it, and it exists. Deny
directives: The only Deny in the whole httpd.conf file is the one that
protects .htaccess files. And the DirectoryIndex directive is correct.

Let me know if you need more info to find the problem.

By the way, I do feel ashamed that I'm only using this list to solve my
problems, but as you may already realized, I'm completely new to Apache
(and PHP), so... :)

Regards,
Ivan V.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Enviado el: Jueves, 12 de Septiembre de 2002 03:33 a.m.
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: RE: [users@httpd] 500 Err - Script headers...

I think the reason your setup "works" is that you are using the same
string to name the sub-directory on the filesystem and the URL in the
web-space. There is nothing wrong with this but it is obscuring what it
going on. What is happening is that your "root site" (http://localhost/)
is working with a DocumentRoot of d:/sites. If you then try the URL
http://localhost/mydomain.com, it goes into the directory d:/sites and
looks for a file or directory called "mydomain.com" which it finds and
so serves it.

When you try http://mydomain.com directly, "...it doesn't work". There
are a dozen reason why not:

- DNS doesn't resolve mydomain.com to an active IP on the machine,
- apache not listening to IP
- the VH is incorrectly configured (e.g. non-existent DocRoot)
- Deny directive,
- faulty DirectoryIndex
- etc...

Check again your VH config and think about what IP the VH is coming
from. If you don't get it, post the VH config with real DocRoot and show
the Listen directives. Post also the exact error message in the browser
(don't say "it doesn't work" :-) Also, post any error message in the
error log.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle