httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Tracking Down an Error
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 20:43:11 GMT
On Sat, 03 Aug 2002 12:26:24 -0600, Cartoon Factory wrote:

>From: Andy Cutright [mailto:acutright@borland.com]

>>if you think it's the perl script causing the problem, does the perl
>>script log?
>>
>Hi Andy:
>
>Thanks for the reply. No, the scripts I am running to not log. Is there a
>way to make perl log itself? (And if so, how?)

This from a non-serious hacker:  At the start of each script, add
something similar to;

	print "$script-name begin $date $time" >> /var/log/apache/cgiperl.log

Then at each exit point;

	print "$script-name end $date $time" >> /var/log/apache/cgiperl.log

Consider these snippets to be pseudo-code, as I can't do Perl without
the book in front of me. :)

After killing your next runaway, a study of the log should hi-lite the
culprit.  I think that this ordering will make it easy to extract info.
--
gt       kk5st@swbell.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---