httpd-users mailing list archives

From Clemens Resanka <cresa...@gmx.net>
Subject apache ignores group of wwwrun
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:42:03 GMT
Hi all,

My Apache 1.3.19 seems to ignore the group of the user wwwrun (the
apache user).
I created a group testgroup, added wwwrun to that group, created a
directory in my Documentroot, chgrped it to testgroup, chmoded it
to 750, restarted apache and... it cannot read from that directory.

Why? What am I doing wrong?

I dont want 755 permissions, because I don't want users to read the
php scripts in that directory and I cannot chmod/chgroup that
directory to wwwrun.

I'd really appreciate any help. These are the problems that will make
be bald within the next 10 years. :-)

So far..

 - Clemens -