httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Tracking Down an Error
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 02:35:30 GMT
On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 11:02:48 -0700, Andy Cutright wrote:

<snip>
>also, i'd follow this other guy's advice about adding logging to the
>scripts. and $0 is the perl variable for the  program name (rather than
>"$script-name". i _do_ have the perl book in front of me ;) CAVEAT EMPTOR:
>
>open LOG_FILE, ">>/var/log/apache/cgi.log";
>print LOG_FIle "$0 called\n";
>#####
>#### script..
>#####
>print LOG_FILE "$0 finished\n";
>close LOG_FILE;
>
>cheers,
>andy

Out of curiosity, and because I still don't have the book in front of
me, would it not be a GoodThing (tm) to close the file explicitly after
each write (print)?  It is possible (likely?) that the script will be
killed manually if it is the doer of dirty deeds.
--
gt       kk5st@swbell.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---