httpd-users mailing list archives

From "jb2002@pc9.org" <jb2...@pc9.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/2.0.40, mod_ssl unexplainable errors logged
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:26:11 GMT
> You could run a tcpdump localhost and port 443 for a long period of time
> and see what gives. Last time I had to dig into a thing like did;
> regular nmap like security sweeps where the issue.

Thanks, it didn't take too long to accumulate some output. Cross
referencing it with apache's error log I see that the times match up
exactly.

http://www.pc9.org/usage/tcpdump.log

I'm in over my head here, as I don't know how to interpret this output. Can
you help?

However I really don't think this is caused by another program running on
my system. The errors only started appearing after I upgraded to the 2.0.x
line, and searching the net I see plenty of other people observing the same
errors (though I haven't found an explanation as of yet). Is there anyone
running Apache 2.0.x with mod_ssl who isn't seeing this error?

Also, this graph I compiled from my data seems to suggest a relation
between HTTP traffic and SSL errors, even though the two should be
completely independent. The # of SSL errors is multiplied by 50 here:
http://www.pc9.org/usage/spurious_errors.png