httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Eror <n...@baremetal.com>
Subject RE: connecting behind a router (fwd)
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:01:10 GMT
do'h forgot to send this to the list for first time :-/

Hi Dennis,

> Can any of you get through to my server at all?
> http://dforeman.dns2go.com:81/~foreman
>
> Even an error message from the server is better than no page at all.

looks like your router or isp is not allowing connections to your box on
those ports. I maybe wrong, but when I try to telnet to either of those
ports I never get a packet back from your machine with the reset flag set
.. I never get a packet back period. If I was getting to your box and there
was no service on that port I would expect a the ack to come back with a
reset. On the other had if your router or ISP was filtering those ports
either would be able to drop the packets. I could be way off base though,
I'm pretty new at all this stuff. hmm an after though, I suppose it is
possible that your router is droping the reset acks coming back to me in
the forward chain ?

Cheers,
Nate