httpd-users mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: content length header in ExtFilterDefine
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:35:44 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Sebastian Wolfgarten wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the content-length is set and even correct because
> > the size of the returned pdf document is exactly 2964 bytes.
> > And I have tested it again...netscape does it,
> > ie not :-(
> >
> > I assume the content-length is set by the apache?
>
> Yes, there is a content-length filter that will sometimes set the
> content-length for you.
>
> I suspect you are hitting some sort of a byte-range request problem.
> These things can be quite difficult to debug, unfortunately.  My best
> guess is that MSIE is making byte-range requests, and mod_ext_filter
> doesn't know how to deal with them.  If you can test that (by manually
> performing a range request), then you can report it as a bug.

mod_ext_filter doesn't need to know how to handle byterange requests,
there is a filter to do that.  Are you using the acrobat plug-in with
IE?  If so, you are definately making a byterange request.  What platform
is your Apache server on?  I'll try to debug this this weekend, but I am
strapped for time.  Please file a bug report at nagoya.apache.org.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610