httpd-users mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: mpm perchild status
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:53:11 GMT

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Nick De Decker wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Before i try to move from apache 1.3.x to 2.0.x i would like to know the current status
of the perchild MPM in apache 2.0.40.
> I'm running linux on x86, does it allready do something for this platform ?
> If so, is it considered to be safe enough to put in a production environment ?

I have the perchild MPM about 1 day away from working again.  At this
point, I can pass the file descriptors around, but I can't read the
request in the new child.  Expect a commit later today to finally fix this
MPM.

So, the short answer is:  It doesn't work currently, and when it does work
(later today), it won't be ready for production for a few months.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610