httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: content length header in ExtFilterDefine
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:08:38 GMT

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Werner Schalk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to send an content length
> header before sending the output of
> an external filter to a client?

No, because the content-length cannot be known before the output is sent
(unless you want apache to queue up the whole response to count it --
ouch).

> How can I do this? If it is not possible,
> could such a feature be added to
> ExtFilterDefine please?
>
> I coded a filter which works fine
> for netscape but internet exploder wants this
> content length header to be set before
> showing the results of my filter :-(

There must be some other problem.  Content-Length should not be required.
Are you using PreservesContentLength?  If so, are you modifying the size
of the content with your filter?

Joshua.