httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: IIS -> apache
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:33:00 GMT

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Marco Antonio wrote:
> I have read something about webdav, but it seems that front page
> client doesn't suport it. Can anybody give me some light about how to
> do that move? With webdav or something else? Can I still use front
> page client if I make the move, WITHOUT using fp extensions for
> apache? Is there any FAQ about it?

I don't know much about fp (and I don't want to), but here is what I know.

Yes, you can still use the frontpage client.  You can't the server-side
extensions (hit counters and stuff like that).  Assuming that you don't
need those, the problem is how to get the files from the client to the
server.  There are two options:

1. Setup an FTP server on your NT box and use fp's ftp publish mode.

2. Use WebDAV.  As you noted, the current version of fp does not support
direct webdav use (even though MS has supported webdav elsewhere for
years).  But Windows itself does support webdav, allowing you to map a
server directory to your local client in Explorer, and then just copy
files back and forth.

Joshua.