httpd-users mailing list archives

From cfran...@csc.com
Subject mod_proxy and buffering
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:35:21 GMT
I have a problem with Apache+mod_proxy+mod_ssl.

Apache is setup as an SSL gateway to several internal hosts, providing SSL
connections to all of them.
I have an internal machine running java servlets and all output from these
servlets are unbuffered
but apache buffers them before sending them to the client which results in
a timeout and nothing works.

A test servlet was made that simply loops for a minute and prints a line 2
times per second, this works if I
browse directly to the server but not through the apache proxy server. When
going through the proxy all output
is sent to me after the loop is complete instead of line by line.

Is there some way of turning on unbuffered output in mod_proxy?

Apache is 1.3.23.

Christian Frantsen
CSC, Computer Sciences Corporation
Jonkoping, Sweden

"I don't need to test my programs. I have an error-correcting modem."