httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Pause stream
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:44:48 GMT

HTTP is stateless protocol. So I dont think there is any way to pause a
stream and then later resume it.

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    "David B.

                    Bitton"              To:     "users@httpd.apache.org" <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <david@codeno        cc:

                    evil.com>            Subject:     [users@httpd] Pause stream

                    No Phone Info

                    Available

                    08/29/2002

                    09:18 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Is there a way in the HTTP protocol for a client to pause the serving of
data from the server?  Also, is there a way for a client to request a
file, starting somewhere other than the beginning?

David B. Bitton
david@codenoevil.com
www.codenoevil.com

Code Made Fresh Daily?