httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hermann Huebler" <hermann_hueb...@at.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Trailing slash?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:30:44 GMT
Hello Christian!
can you try the following rule:

RewriteRule   ^/~(.*)$  http://oldserver.com/~$1 [P]

Does this change anything ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Hermann Huebler

                      "Christian

                      Fredrickson"             To:       "Apache" <users@httpd.apache.org>

                      <fredrick@eng.uta        cc:

                      h.edu>                   Subject:  Trailing slash?

                      08/02/2002 05:24

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

I have a new web server. I want to redirect requests for user directories
on
the new web server to the old web server, but keep the base URL. I have
succeeded to an extent. The following rules work, but only if the trailing
"/" is added to the directory.
My rule:
RewriteRule   ^/~(.+)  http://oldserver.com/~$1 [P]

As long as the trailing "/" character is added to the end of any URL
requests, the rule works and proxies them to the correct server as a proxy
so the base URL is kept. How can I get around my "/" issue?

Thank you,

Chris