httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Cartoon Factory" <gall...@cartoon-factory.com>
Subject RE: Tracking Down an Error
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:14:27 GMT
Andy:

I agree (now) I did not know what that error meant when  posted, I do now. I
think you are right... that is NOT the problem.

I am not 100% sure I can add the code to all my perl scripts.... there are
some that are pretty involved. But I am going to give that a shot today!

Thank You!
-------------------

Dave Koch

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Cutright [mailto:acutright@borland.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 12:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tracking Down an Error

this looks to me like the client is timing out.. this looks more like a
symptom than the problem: something on your box is going into an
infinite loop/ not responding, so the client disconnects after some
amount of time.

also, i'd follow this other guy's advice about adding logging to the
scripts. and $0 is the perl variable for the  program name (rather than
"$script-name". i _do_ have the perl book in front of me ;) CAVEAT EMPTOR:

open LOG_FILE, ">>/var/log/apache/cgi.log";
print LOG_FIle "$0 called\n";
#####
#### script..
#####
print LOG_FILE "$0 finished\n";
close LOG_FILE;

cheers,
andy

Cartoon Factory wrote:

> I think I found the error....more at least some of it!
>
> I got this result after upping the error logLevel:
>
> [Sat Aug  3 15:17:07 2002] [info] [client 218.104.97.11] (32)Broken pipe:
> client stopped connection before rflush completed
> [Sat Aug  3 15:20:53 2002] [info] [client 146.65.233.10] (32)Broken pipe:
> client stopped connection before rflush completed
>
> Any idea what that might mean? What is rflush?
>
> Thank You!
> -------------------
>
> Dave Koch
> Gallery Director
>

>              www.toon.com
>      gallery@cartoon-factory.com
>     801.583.3700 fax 801.583.3713

"all you have is this actual nowness"
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.