httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Stephens" <DanielBSteph...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: curious problem
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:18:44 GMT
Yes,
    There are two different httpd executable files one is about 300K the
other is 1.4 MB. What should I do? When I run "ps -ef | grep httpd' it shows
the directory of one of these (the larger one) every time. However, in the
example that was given  by Jacob the directory of the executable was
followed by -DSS whereas in my instance it is followed by -k.
    I definitely knew I  was running two versions of httpd by running
'locate bin/httpd' as per sugestion: it gave me back two different
directories.
    When i ran 'netstat -pan | grep LISTEN I did see that port 80 was
listening. The text on the right side of the screen was 26954/httpd, I'm
assuming that means that httpd is the program listening to port 80
    What would be the best way for me to fix this? Does the fact that httpd
is the program listening to port 80 and yet the page not apear mean that the
httpd's are in competition with eachother? Or does it mean that is the
larger one (the one found when 'ps -ef | grep httpd' was run) is just wrong
and need to be taken out?
    Sigh, thanks a lot guys,
 -Dan
PS- I have configured sendmail, it wasn't pretty, but in the end I spanked
it!