httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Lilly" <rcli...@lvcm.com>
Subject RE: Mod_python and Apache problems
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 02:30:04 GMT
Thanks! I'll try this and let you know if it works. I could use the
experience of compiling under Windows anyway.

If anyone else has any comments on the error messages in my original post,
please let me know.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Cutright [mailto:acutright@borland.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 07:26 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mod_python and Apache problems

here's what we use to build 1.x..

cd  apache/src;nmake /f makefile.win installr INSTDIR=../apache_deploy_root

i'm fairly certain this will produce an apache that has the EAPI
enabled. you'll need to modify the commands for your box, and this
assumes you've got your environment set up properly for running cl.exe
at the command line. there's a batch file that's created when you
install vc++ named VCVARS32.bat, which will set up your compiler
environment.

you'll also probably need some tools like awk. we typically use cygwin
stuff. MKS might work if you have that tool kit.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.. i'm not certain this is the cause of your problem, so
you may spend some cycles chasing a wild goose,

cheers,
andy

the king of mixed metaphors..
---