httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Lilly" <rcli...@lvcm.com>
Subject RE: Mod_python and Apache problems
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 04:15:24 GMT
Thanks!

I just re-read the error message and I believe it's telling me to recompile
the mod_python.dll not Apache. Here's the relevant line from the Apache
error.log:
"Loaded DSO modules/mod_python.dll uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)"

Does anyone have any experience compiling mod_python.dll under Windows 2000?

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 08:47 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mod_python and Apache problems

if you have trouble with visual c, and / or cygwin, borland.com has free
commandline tools for compiling c sources. ( might be easier than
importing into visual c the whole project )
read the install notes with the sources, as that will give you the best
data on how to set your options. ( I ran ./configure --help in linux to
get the whole option list after running ./configure )
the configure command reads the sources for the options, then getting
the help menue for it sets it to the project options last configured.

Robert Lilly wrote:
> Thanks! I'll try this and let you know if it works. I could use the
> experience of compiling under Windows anyway.
>
> If anyone else has any comments on the error messages in my original post,
> please let me know.
>
> Robert

INSTDIR=../apache_deploy_root

> i'm fairly certain this will produce an apache that has the EAPI
> enabled. you'll need to modify the commands for your box, and this
> assumes you've got your environment set up properly for running cl.exe
> at the command line. there's a batch file that's created when you
> install vc++ named VCVARS32.bat, which will set up your compiler
> environment.
>
> you'll also probably need some tools like awk. we typically use cygwin
> stuff. MKS might work if you have that tool kit.
>
> CAVEAT EMPTOR.. i'm not certain this is the cause of your problem, so
> you may spend some cycles chasing a wild goose,
>
> cheers,
> andy
>
> the king of mixed metaphors..
> ---