httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: Start laughing already - securing files with Apache and Windows question
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:11:28 GMT
TFM should give some more I then, like this one:
http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/spid/65/sfid/1830

Not that it works but I'll RTFM some more, maybe I just need better glasses.
Or someone that tells me what they want from me.

Ok, let's try again.

I have a .htaccess file in the Directory I want to protect.
Let's assume d:\web\protdir

I have a passfile, containing the pass and such.
I have no clue where to place it, so i putted it at d:\web\

I have a httpd.conf like this
<<snip>>

<Directory "D:/web/protdir">
AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xx.xx>
ServerName ubtest01
DocumentRoot d:\web
ServerPath d:/web
</VirtualHost>

<</snip>>

I have no problem accessing any file in the protdir
Yes I restarted apache already.  I even saved all files before doing so.

I really wish someone can point to my most likely obvious mistake which I
can't find in the manual.

Thanks.

I'll try adding the <dir> in the <vhost> now.  Maybe that's it.

Koen