httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2 & IIS 5
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:50:13 GMT
Hi,

I have one Win2k Server box with IIS 5 and one with IIS 5 and Apache (IBM
HTTP Server).  I don't know which one is best, as I didn't do any
performance checks... but I'm very sure of one thing: configuring Apache on
a Win2k is worse then sitting in nomansland at night, wearing a fluorescent
hat and lighting a cigarette (thanks to Black Adder btw).

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: Warhurst, SI (Spencer) [mailto:S.I.Warhurst@rl.ac.uk]
Sent: 14 August 2002 17:39
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Apache 2 & IIS 5

Has anyone tried to run Apache 2 on the same Win2k server as IIS 5? Or does
anyone know whether it is possible? Of course I mean having Apache run on
port 80 and IIS 5 on port 81 (if that's free), for example.

I want to run a performance test between the two.

Thanks

--
Spencer Warhurst
Listserv Service Manager