httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.40 caching php?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:29:30 GMT
Turn off caching?
Put this is in the HTML header:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="cache-control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

It's weird that the PHP caches... maybe add a hidden form tag in your
header.inc or footer.inc - with your date in it it would change the page
everytime.

inc's is what large sites (or smart writers) use ;)

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Strang [mailto:strang@e.kth.se]
Sent: 29 August 2002 13:12
To: users@httpd.apache.org; koen.vingerhoets@ubench.com
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.40 caching php?

That doesn't strike me as an especially easy solution to the problem. How
would large sites make it work? Is this even reported as a bug? Anyhow it's
annoying...

I can't tell visitors to:
- turn off caching
- clear cache
- press ctrl+refresh on every page

There were some discussions over this earlier but no real conclusion was
made (as I remember).

I'm seriously considering to recompile Apache 1.3.26

/Patrick

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:00:20PM +0200, Koen Vingerhoets wrote:
> Hi!
>
> add a variable to your PHP pages URL, like my_page?x=date
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Koen Vingerhoets
>
> ***** UBench nv *****
> http://www.ubench.com
> The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged
and
> confidential,
> and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any disclosure,reproduction, distribution or
other
> use of this
> communication is strictly prohibited.

> by reply
> transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

It
> has been spoken of as early as 2.0.35 but why hasn't anyone fixed it in a
> later release - or have someone come up with a simple solution to this?
>
> /Patrick

Patrick Strang
Student of Electrical Engineering
Royal Institute of Technology