httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: weird apache error (at least for me)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:02:32 GMT
Hi!

Yes I remembered to restart hehe I restarted so much already my keyboard can
complete it when I start with /etc/init.d/
grep check??? err... no clue what that is....

I had a few CustomLogs, they're disabled as well...

What is busy... we have some 50 to 80 users online now calling three files
at least each two seconds... we can reach stress up to 35 (uptime
command)... I guess that's pretty busy :s

Heh it returns a 0 (the cp), but apache KEEPS logging... it just makes a new
access_log... maybe I should make it read-only?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: 13 August 2002 11:44
To: users@httpd.apache.org; koen.vingerhoets@ubench.com
Subject: RE: weird apache error (at least for me)

You are remembering to restart apache after changing the config to remove
the logging, aren't you? Also, make sure you comment it out in all your VHs
(do a grep to check).

Also, check you don't have a CustomLog defined. This will take over from
TransferLog if it isn't defined.

The cp /dev/null trick should work, although if the process is mega-busy,
there might be a race condition that prevents cp getting a lock on the
file.. After you do the cp, check the return code (echo $?) - it should be
0.