httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: weird apache error (at least for me)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:11:29 GMT
heh 1000 gb??? *runs and hides*
we have about 10 Gb heh

can you elaborate a bit about the process sharing??? how does it work???

we rent our server... buying is too expensive for some kids :s

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
Sent: 13 August 2002 16:20
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: weird apache error (at least for me)

the site I was reffering to is a graphics community site, average is 100
members online at any given point in time.
uploading images, downloading files ( from other servers) and posting in
forums ( threaded discussions) mysql backend.
using around 1000 gb of data transfer a month. ( a slow graphics site
uses 200 gb a month with an average of 30 members online. )

actually, you might want to think about process sharing, where the game
is on the users comp and is only sharing a smaller amount of data.
reduces your traffic and actually speeds the game up.

though you would have to rewrite the game to do so.

my current server is a p2 laptop @ 233 mhz with 144 mb of ram.
currently working on getting better connection set up. going ater an oc3
connection with gigabit transfer rate.

Koen Vingerhoets wrote:
> Heh we limit it at 120...
>
> 120x3x30 = 10800 hits a minute
> playersxfilesxhits/minute
>
> it's only a Celeron 933 with 512Mb ram and IDE hd's / 15 gb bandwith...
it's