httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject weird apache error (at least for me)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:33:14 GMT
Hi,

I run a redhat box in the USA with an online game on it.  The server is
stressed to the extreme, and in the error logs this entry keeps popping
up...

[Thu Aug  8 23:05:03 2002] [warn] child process 5069 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Thu Aug  8 23:05:03 2002] [warn] child process 5073 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Thu Aug  8 23:05:03 2002] [warn] child process 5074 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Thu Aug  8 23:05:03 2002] [warn] child process 5075 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM
[Thu Aug  8 23:05:03 2002] [warn] child process 5080 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM

It's when I stop and start the server to delete an acces_log (those files
get up to 500mb in a day, so i remove them sometimes).
What can I do to avoid all this or doesn't it matter??

Thanks

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

***** UBench nv *****
http://www.ubench.com
The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential,
and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure,reproduction, distribution or other
use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.