httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Kriger" <andy.kri...@verizon.net>
Subject htaccess question
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:03:54 GMT
I am using Apache on a shared host, so all of my configuration
customizations are in .htaccess. It seems like there are things that can be
done at the server htaccess level or in a PHP file (or JSP or Perl or
whatever your scripting lang of choice). For example, mod_rewrite can
redirect to the root and then you can do your processing from there in PHP
or you can do it all in htaccess.

What I'm wondering is this (being relatively new to the under-the-hood stuff
of webservers) - in your experience, which is better for performance,
security, and ease of maintanance?

thx
andy