httpd-users mailing list archives

From <anth...@nerdsonsite.com>
Subject RE: Cannot start Apache
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:55:34 GMT
Nerds OnThank you all for replying, either I do not know how to read the
error or it is not indicated. your suggestions caused me to look at my net
workconfiguration and removing the check mark from Authmatically detect
settings worked.
THKS ALL
Anthony
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tony Vinayak [mailto:tvinayak@optonline.net]
  Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 10:06 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: Re: Cannot start Apache

  Anthony,

  you may want to peep into the Apache error log and access log to guess the
gremlin better. Also, to bump up the error logging details, you can edit the
httpd.conf file. Look for entries:
  ErrorLog <path to error file>
  LogLevel debug

  Setting LogLevel to debug will spit out tonnes of info in the log files.

  Hope that helps!

  Tony