httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anine Swart" <asw...@botmac.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] problem listing directories in apache
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:01:17 GMT
Hi guys,

hate to subscribe just to ask a question but I am truely stuck ;)

We're running FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE and apache-1.3.24_7.
I remember in earlier versions if you simply added a hyperlink to say
http://localhost/photos/ for example you would get a listing of files in
said directory. However I think I dont have the persmissions or ownerships
right :(

Our intraweb isn't in the usual /usr/local/www directory, instead it is at
/fileserv/intraweb and the directories I want listed is at
/fileserv/intraweb/photos or /fileserv/intraweb/software (with software
being a softlink to /reposit/software/.
adding a hyperlink such as http://localhost/photos gets me 403 Forbidden
error.

the owner and group of software/ and photos/ are both www (with apache
configurated to allow user www and group www access) and I even changed the
mode of the files and directories to 777. still no go :( Strangely enough if
you link to a specific file within the directory it loads fine.

any ideas? what am I doing wrong ?
thanx
Anine