httpd-users mailing list archives

From "G the B" <golo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Virtual Hosting ??
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:23:01 GMT
<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I only have a little question about virtual hosting because I'm not so familiar with
it.</P>
<P>At the office we have three servers.&nbsp;SERVER 1&nbsp;runs a http server
for our web site on the port 80.<BR>SERVER 2&nbsp;&nbsp;runs a http server for
the webmail&nbsp;(lotus domino). The webmail server is at the moment not accessible from
the web. I would like to make it accessible.<BR>In the rules of the main&nbsp;firewall
that protects the LAN&nbsp;it is said that when an icoming connection comes on the port
80 it is forwarded to SERVER 1.</P>
<P>Exp: When from your web browser you type &nbsp;<A href="http://www.domain.be">www.domain.be</A>&nbsp;
you get on the web site (on SERVER 1)<BR>Now we would like that when we type from outside
the LAN&nbsp;&nbsp;for example&nbsp; mail.domain.be&nbsp; we get a web page
with the webmail server (only for the employees of the company).</P>
<P>Is it possible? If yes, how?<BR>The 3 SERVERS are runing on&nbsp;WinNT5.0
Server,&nbsp;the website server&nbsp;is Apache TomCat 1.4 and the webmail server is
Lotus Domino.<BR>If necessary I also can install the "real" Apache HTTP server.<BR>If
you need any other informations about the internal network in order to help me, please&nbsp;contact
me on <A href="mailto:golojap@hotmail.com">golojap@hotmail.com</A>&nbsp; .</P>
is the easiest way to share and print your photos: <a href='http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENBE/c156??PI=44315'>Click