httpd-users mailing list archives

From dale's stuff <st...@colony.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URGENT: Getting hammered by an adsl user...logs growing...
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:18:28 GMT
Hello Ian,

You mentioned in a later post that you were able to stop and restart apache.
  In that case, while it isn't a long term solution, when you stop apache
you could rename the existing log file and gzip it.

Then apache will create a new log file. While this isn't the best solution,
  it will at least let you compress the existing log file for now until your
co-loc can take positive action.

Dale