httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Milind Sawant" <milind.saw...@skandiabank.ch>
Subject RE: Weblogic-apache Plugin problem
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:11:47 GMT
Weblogic-apache Plugin problemyou can do the following

a ) if your application on weblogic is called say App1
add the following
<Location /App1>
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
#        PathTrim /App1
</Location>

b) note i have commented PathTrim as it is necessary if the communication
betweeb weblogic and apache is over ssl which you are not using.

c) WebLogicHost give the ipaddress here

Milind Sawant
Web Administrator (Apollo)
TCS

+0041 1 288 4675

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Gaurav Gupta (2001) [mailto:ggupta@sapient.com]
  Sent: 05 August 2002 20:15
  To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
  Subject: Weblogic-apache Plugin problem

  Hi friends,

  I am plugging in the the two servers so that I can use Apache as a proxy
web server for an application hosted on Weblogic 6.1. The platform is
Solaris 7.

  I have verified the proper installation of the two servers in isolation.
The problem is with the plug in.

  I tried the plug in both ways:
  "Proxy by URL"
  and
  "Proxy by MIME file type"
  For trying with the second I commented the corresponding entries of "Proxy
by URL"

  The entry in httpd.conf is:
  =============
  <IfModule mod_weblogic.c>

  DebugConfigInfo ON

  WebLogicHost netra
  WebLogicPort 7001

  MatchExpression *.jsp
  MatchExpression *.html

  <Location /weblogic>
          SetHandler weblogic-handler
          PathTrim /weblogic
  </Location>

  <Location /servletimages>
          SetHandler weblogic-handler
          PathTrim /something
  </Location>

  </IfModule>

  The problem is that inspite of the changes made in the httpd.conf, apache
is not able to serve the request made on Weblogic.

  As per the error logs its trying to find the requested jsp files from the
document root of apache itself.

  [Mon Aug  5 22:13:26 2002] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
  [Mon Aug  5 22:30:36 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
configured -- resuming normal operations
  [Mon Aug  5 22:30:46 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not
exist: /var/apache/htdocs/weblogic
  [Mon Aug  5 22:31:41 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not
exist: /var/apache/htdocs/Home.jsp
  [Mon Aug  5 22:33:50 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not
exist: /var/apache/htdocs/Home.jsp

  Probably the mod_wl.so is not getting loaded or activated properly. The
line in https.conf for it is:

  LoadModule weblogic_module    /usr/apache/libexec/mod_wl.so

  I have checked up with httpd -l.The compiled modules shown are:
  Compiled-in modules:
    http_core.c
    mod_so.c

  Does it mean that mod_wl.so is not getting compiled or loaded?

  How can I troubleshoot this problem?

  Thanks in advance,
  Gaurav Gupta