httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Lilly" <rcli...@lvcm.com>
Subject RE: Mod_python and Apache problems
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:56:13 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 08:13 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mod_python and Apache problems

> Robert Lilly wrote:
>
>> I've decided to ignore the EAPI warning, since I can't figure out how to
>> re-compile mod_python.dll for Windows. The source code I downloaded from
>> modpython.org compiles for *nix and Cygwin.

> to get it to run under win, verify in the source that the lib names are
> the same, and that it isn't defaulting to the unix cygwin without looking
> for the actual os first. I know, a fair amount of work, but it will get
> rid of that error message.
>
> Jaqui

Thanks Jaqui.

I'm trying to the compile now and when I run:

./configure --with-apxs=E:\\Temp\\apache\\libexec --with-apache=e:\\temp\\ap
ache\\src --with-python=e:\\temp\\python-2.2.1

I get the following:

	checking for gcc... gcc
	checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
	checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
	checking for ranlib... ranlib
	checking for ar... ar
	checking for main in -lm... yes
	checking for working const... yes
	checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
	checking whether apxs is available
	checking for --with-apxs... E:\Temp\apache\libexec executable, good
	checking for Apache libexec directory... E:\Temp\apache\libexec: not found

	checking for Apache include directory... E:\Temp\apache\libexec: not found
	-I
	checking for --with-apache... configure: error: e:\temp\apache\src does not
look like an Apache source directory.

I don't know what it's looking for in \libexec but the directory's there, in
fact, I put a copy of apxs in there and referenced it in my configure
command. Also, I pointed it to \apache and apache\src and either way it
tells me it doesn't look like an Apache source directory.

Any clues for this clueless one?

TIA,

Robert
---