httpd-users mailing list archives

From "French, Shawn" <S.Fre...@AcceLight.com>
Subject RE: Please help me .....URGENT
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 19:52:16 GMT

> I dont have a lot of static pages. The static pages i have can be
> renamed from .htm to .jsp and thus they will be cached by
> tomcat. Am i
> right?.
> Will such pages have the same serving speed as apache+tomcat+ssl ?.

Renaming .html files to .jsp on tomcat would likely slow things down rather
than speed things up. This is because a dynamic page, although compiled and
cached, still needs to be parsed by tomcat before being served.

I'd think/hope that tomcat would skip the parsing stage when serving regular
.html files, but I'm not sure.

If speed is THAT important to you, do the Apache-tomcat thing to help in
serving images and static pages.

Shawn