httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Dowling <r...@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject UserDir without the tilde
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:30:09 GMT
We will be running Apache 1.3.x on a Netware system.

We would like http://server/userid/ to match some directory
(currently "www") of userid's home directory.  Note that there is no
leading tilde on that URL.  We have managed rewrites that put the tildde
in but then any returned redirect (e.g. from a missing trailing /)
exposes the tilde.  For example, if a client requests
http://server/userid, then the rewrite converts this to
http://server/~userid, the UserDir module identifies a directory and a
redirect is sent back to http://server/~userid/.  We would want the
redirect to be back to http://server/userid/ .

We have not been able to get this to work.  Are we missing something
obvious?  I've tried googling for this, but it's hard to construct a
query.  Or the answer isn't out there.

Thanks in advance.
--
Bob Dowling:     UNIX Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service,
rjd4@cam.ac.uk   New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge, UK.  CB2 3QH