httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Telconstar99" <telconsta...@hotmail.com>
Subject SSI Enabling Problem
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 17:42:31 GMT
Want to say hello, as this is my first time to ever post.
I just downloaded and installed Apache 1.3 on my 2k box. This is my VERY
first time to run a web-server, so I know just about nothing about it.
Anyway, I want to get SSI working. So I fired up my httpd.conf file, and
added the following (read a brief tutorial):

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

It mentioned something about having the following directive "Options
+Includes" but I wasn't really sure what that meant. I read something about
needed "mod_includes" or something like that, but I'm not sure what this
means either.

Their may be something wrong in the way I am using the SSI in the .shtml
file. Here are how my two files are located:
Root Directory/TheTresPlace/index.shtml
Root Directory/TheTresPlace/IndexTop.html

So, in my .shtml file, I have the following:
"<!--#include virtual="/TheTresPlace/IndexTop.html"-->"

What am I doing wrong? Just tell me if you need more info, I probably
provided too much already. Thanks SO much.

Tres London