httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Duane Schell" <Du...@SDofND.com>
Subject Rev Proxy PDF
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 04:02:06 GMT
I have been using apache as a reverse proxy for some time with 1.3.x
and the following has worked.  Now I am testing 2.0.39 and found that
the following configuration causes problems with pdf files in certain
circumstances.  So far it appears that it works in all situation except
any version of IE with adobe acrobate reader 4.0x and pdf files larger
than 32K.  In those situations the reader does launch however the pdf
file is never displayed in the browser control.  If I download the file
and then open with the adobe reader everthing works.  No errors are
showing up in the log files of somesite or somothersite.

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName somesite.com
        ProxyPass / http://someothersite.com/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://someothersite.com/