httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kees Hoekzema" <k...@tweakers.net>
Subject RE: How to scale apache to deal with network outages
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:35:40 GMT
hey,

At the moment we deal with it with low timeout values, the surrent timeout
is 10 seconds.
We have around 20M requests daily, server by 8 apache servers with the
settings:
Timeout 10
MinSpareServers 30
MaxSpareServers 50
StartServers 40

Okay, those servers have all 1G on the mainboard and a loadbalancer in front
of them, but those settings should work with high loaded websites.

-kees