httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Venkat Reddy Valluri" <venk...@quinnfable.com>
Subject ldap server start up problem on redhat 7.3
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:18:12 GMT

Hi,

 I configured open ldap server on red hat 7.3, following instructions care fully, I am so
much confident that i didn't miss any thing,
     I started sever with following command
         ./slapd -d -2048
       then i am getting problem like this
     erro=97 (Address family not supported by protocol) and it simply hanging over there with
out starting server
    when i scan the ports with 'nmap' command it showing that ldap service is running on port
389,  I didn't understand why it is happening over there
    I would be very much thank full to you, if give me good solution
  Thanks in adavnce
bye
Venkat