httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mauricio Bracale <mbrac...@cidadei.com.br>
Subject RES: Personalized ErrorDocument for mod_vhosts
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:30:01 GMT
    I´ve tried already. First I´ve tried .htaccess with "Alias", end put
ErrorDocument to search into /errorpages:
                Alias /errorpages /home/vhosts/domain/htdocs
                But did´t work, the error log said:
"/home/vhosts/domain/htdocs/.htaccess: Alias not allowed here"
    Then I´ve tried with ErrorDocument inside .htaccess:
                ErrorDocument 404    404.html  and tried also
                ErrorDocument 404    ./404.html  and
                ErrorDocument 404    /home/vhosts/domain/htdocs/404.html
                But did´t work too, the error log said:
"/home/vhosts/domain/htdocs/.htaccess: ErrorDocument not allowed here"

    I was trying to use mod_rewrite, and created a rule, but this rule enter
in loop:
                RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  ([a-z0-9]+)\.domain\.com\.br
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !-f
                RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://%0/404.html <http://%0/404.html>
[R]

                Tried also

                RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  ([a-z0-9]+)\.domain\.com\.br
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !-U
                RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://%0/404.html <http://%0/404.html>
[R]

                But in this case, the rule don´t redirect to the error page.

                Any other ideas??