httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wang, Mary Y" <mary.y.w...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Document Root Problem
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:53:39 GMT
Yes.  I did restart the server after editing the config file.

You are pinpointing to the right area.  Because when I used this URL:
http://rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com/index.html, it would bring up the correct
html page,
however, when I use this URL:
http://rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com it would bring up the default index page
for
brass.web.boeing.com.

I had two files.  One is index.php and another is index.html in that
directory.  I guess when I had two files like that, it got confused not sure
of using which one. After I removed the index.php, I was able to access it
via http://rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com and it would come up.  I think that
was why it caused the problem.  Please comment if you think if may be caused
by other problems.

Thanks.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Zac Stevens [mailto:zts@cryptocracy.com]
Sent: 27 August, 2002 7:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Document Root Problem

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:42:11PM -0700, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> The problem is everytime I go to the rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com,
> Apache is still grabing the index.html from /usr/www NOT from
> /home/project/rprf/htdocs that I specified as the DocumentRoot for
> rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com.

At the risk of stating the obvious, did you restart the server after
editing your configuration file?

What is the exact URL you are requesting to test this?  If you are just
typing 'rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com' in your browser, perhaps try
'http://rpr-fom-btsn.web.boeing.com/index.html' and see whether it gives
you the file you're expecting.

Zac