httpd-users mailing list archives

From RapidFX <g...@rapidfx.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:30:50 GMT
Hello...

I really hope we are not talking about this change because of
Microsoft products.
If we are doing this for the people who 'visually' filter, hmm.
Filtering by using the complete header info would be the
'correct' way.
Not by the To: From: Subject:
These are often wrong.

If one tried to filter spam by the To: field, you'd miss many many.
I use win32 for some e-mail, my filters for the e-mail app I chose, work
fine. I am subscribed to many lists, all e-mail gets filtered to the
corresponding 'inbox'.  Mangling the subject field just seems wrong.
Bind list doesn't do it, FBSD list doesn't do it. Bugtraq, vulndev...
</ramble>

--
Greg S. Wirth
System Administrator